Women in Ministry
Our Theme for 2018-2019 is
"Hope through Christ"
“May the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
Our Vision: To see women GROWING and GOING in Christ
Our Mission: To offer ENCOURAGEMENT and HOPE through the Holy Spirit for each woman, regardless of her circumstances, so she can:
- live confidently in Christ
- grow her faith through worship, prayer, study, and relationships
- encourage others to do the same
We will continue our mission focus this year with Rejuvenate Hope, which is an organization that works with the biological mothers of children in foster care.
Whether you are a member of this church or the community at large, we encourage you to join us in ministry!
Major Events for 2018-2019
1. The Gospel According to St. Luke (led by Amanda Davidson -
Tuesdays at 8:00 am & 1:30 pm; Van Dyke Room
We will use R.C. Sproul's book on Luke entitled "A Walk with God" as our primary resource. All are welcomed to attend as we study the life of Jesus together.
2. “Even Better Than Eden” (led by Morgan Walker -
) 10 week study
Tuesdays at 9:15 am; Van Dyke Room
I believe that when we first understand God’s story, it will change everything about our story. Together, we will trace 9 themes that run from Genesis to Revelation in the Bible. Each theme reveals how God’s plan for the new creation will be far more glorious than the original Eden. It is my hope that this new creation glory will not just be embraced as our future joy…but that it will transform everything about our lives today as we trace God’s intended plan, the devastating effects of sin, and the crowning work of Jesus in whom we find a better identity, spouse, saviors, and sanctuary! Our main resource will be “Even Better Than Eden” by Nancy Guthrie
1. Morning Circles meet the second Monday of the month in the homes of different women at 10:00 am. This is a very informal...coffee and tea may be served. This Circle began several years ago with much prayer and hope of bringing women of all ages into a relaxed, comfortable situation where they could get to know another as sisters in Christ. They are studying the book, The Greatest Words Ever Spoken, by Steven K. Scott. If you are interested in learning more about Morning Circles, please contact Carole Lawton at 706-291-7318.
2. Evening Circles meets at the church in the Fellowship Hall on the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm. They will be studying, Two Minutes in the Bible Through Psalms: A 90 Day Devotional by Boyd Bailey and Mary Holcomb is the leader/teacher. If you are interested in learning more about Evening Circles, please contact Lucia Johnson at .
Spring Event 2019: Saturday, April 27 at 10 AM - 12 N in the Crossing
Coffee & Conversations with special guest Stacey Booth
"Finding Joy in the Midst of Loss and Suffering” - Ladies, please join us for a casual coffee and conversation event on Saturday, April 27th from 10am-12noon at The Crossing. Our guest, Stacey Booth, a close friend of several members of our church, lost her husband to a long battle with a rare type of cancer 15 months ago and will share her candid perspective on what it looks like to grieve the loss of a spouse while clinging to the hope and truth of the gospel. She and her two young kids continue to wrestle with earthly grief, while also holding tightly to the hope of an eternal glory with God and reunion with their husband and dad. Come and allow God to connect Stacey’s story of hope to your own story! For more about Stacey and Brad's story, visit this link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=agroFHQSxsk
Nursery and Coffee Reservations due by Wednesday, April 24
The Blessed Celebration
The Women’s Council meets every month on the 2nd Thursday at 1:00 pm. The Council members serve the women of FPC by organizing events which encourage us to grow in our relationship with Christ…and with one another. Our mission focus provides us with an opportunity to “go” and serve others outside our congregation…by modeling the love of Christ to the world.
If you are interested in serving on the council, please email or contact the church office.
There are many ways to use your gifts on the Council…leading, hospitality, communication, planning, teaching, or serving behind the scenes…just to name a few. As daughters of the King of Heaven, we are all equipped to serve our sisters in Christ.