Women in Ministry
Our Theme for 2018-2019 is
"Hope through Christ"
“May the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
Our Vision: To see women GROWING and GOING in Christ
Our Mission: To offer ENCOURAGEMENT and HOPE through the Holy Spirit for each woman, regardless of her circumstances, so she can:
- live confidently in Christ
- grow her faith through worship, prayer, study, and relationships
- encourage others to do the same
We will continue our mission focus this year with Rejuvenate Hope, which is an organization that works with the biological mothers of children in foster care.
Whether you are a member of this church or the community at large, we encourage you to join us in ministry!
Major Events for 2018-2019
1. The Gospel According to St. Luke (led by Amanda Davidson -
Tuesdays at 8:00 am & 1:30 pm; Van Dyke Room
We will use R.C. Sproul's book on Luke entitled "A Walk with God" as our primary resource. All are welcomed to attend as we study the life of Jesus together.
2. Why Her? (led by Joni Pittman -
Begins Wednesday, September 5 - Wednesday, October 3; CLC Room #203
How many times have you asked yourself that question? How many times have you felt like you couldn't measure up no matter how hard you tried? We've all be there. We will uncover truths we need to arm ourselves with when combating comparison by studying the biblical account of Rachel and Leah. We will learn to be content with becoming complacent and discover godly wisdom to quiet the incessant "Why Her?" question in our heads. We will develop greater awareness of insecurities and learn to stop the lies in their tracks. Because the truth will set us free and free women don't have to measure up to anyone. Not even her.
3. Light, Life, and Love: A Study of 1 John (led by Phyllis Pemerton -
Begins Wednesday, October 10 - Wednesday, November 28; CLC Room # 203
As believers, we are born of God, we have fellowship with God, and our eternal home is with God. Yet, for now, we live in a world that is opposed to the things of God. How do we live faithfully in such a world? The Apostle John gives us beautiful insight and guidance. God is Light, God is Life, and God is Love. As we abide in Him, we overcome the world. Join us as we journey together through the first epistle of John and meditate upon the One who is perfect Love.
1. Morning Circles meet the second Monday of the month in the homes of different women at 10:00 am. This is a very informal...coffee and tea may be served. This Circle began several years ago with much prayer and hope of bringing women of all ages into a relaxed, comfortable situation where they could get to know another as sisters in Christ. They are studying the book, The Greatest Words Ever Spoken, by Steven K. Scott. If you are interested in learning more about Morning Circles, please contact Carole Lawton at 706-291-7318.
2. Evening Circles meets at the church in the Fellowship Hall on the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm. They will be studying, Two Minutes in the Bible Through Psalms: A 90 Day Devotional by Boyd Bailey and Mary Holcomb is the leader/teacher. If you are interested in learning more about Evening Circles, please contact Lucia Johnson at .
The Blessed Celebration: Pure and Simple Hope
Wednesday, December 5th.
Please join us as we begin this Christmas season by pausing to celebrate the Pure and Simple Hope We Have Through Jesus
The night will include dinner, dessert, and guest speaker Kay Wyma. Cost of the event is $10. Dinner and Nursery reservations are due by November 30.
Spring Event 2019: TBD
The Women’s Council meets every month on the 2nd Thursday at 1:00 pm. The Council members serve the women of FPC by organizing events which encourage us to grow in our relationship with Christ…and with one another. Our mission focus provides us with an opportunity to “go” and serve others outside our congregation…by modeling the love of Christ to the world.
If you are interested in serving on the council, please email or contact the church office.
There are many ways to use your gifts on the Council…leading, hospitality, communication, planning, teaching, or serving behind the scenes…just to name a few. As daughters of the King of Heaven, we are all equipped to serve our sisters in Christ.